Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Can we dance on the grave yet?

I'm indebted to my friend Wisco, over at Griper Blade, for pointing me in the direction of this little gem (warning: PDF, 15Mb) from the White House website.

It's President Bush's own spin-doctors' picture of his "legacy". Frankly I don't know whether to mock or vomit. In the interests of brevity, I'll confine myself to the one cheap shot.
"Since the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the President has carried with him a symbol of sacrifice and courage: a police shield given to him by the mother of an officer who died at the World Trade Center."

I can't help but wonder what a police shield is meant to be a symbol of. "Protego et ministro" hardly seems to describe what GWB has done for his country. "Fabricate diem, pvnc" would come closer, in spirit at least.

No comments: